Sunday, December 21, 2008

"Xela, Guatemala

Before pics of
View Larger Map">"Xela, here is a shot of me and my language instructor at SolMaya in San Cristobal, Mexico.

Getting to 'Xela was a difficult ride; dirt and sand, cobblestones, you name it. I was really puckering up the last few miles into town. Didnt spend a whole lot of time here, spent most of it sleeping... 12 straight hours!
Border shot. Was really happy to see it open today... Yes it does say "Welcome To Mexico", as I was facing towards Mexico for the shot. I didn't see a welcome sign for Guatemala. Was it an omen?

Nah, so far Guat. is beautiful, as are the people. Here is a shot on the way to 'Xela in the Volcanic region...

Backing up to San Cristobal, here is a pic of the hostel I stayed in...

They had chickens there. I ate their egg's. You ever had a organically raised chicken egg freshly laid? Oh, My God. Explosive orange yolk and the tastiest egg I ever had. Thanks you crazy chickens!

I didn't research the history of "Xela but it's ez to see that there was a heavy German influence at one time. Many buildings similar to what you would see in downtown Milwaukee. The following shot reminded you that you were indeed in Guatemala:

My arse hurt after a few miles of this...


I thought this mans sweater matched the colors of the wall nicely...


Sorry thats about it. Will add another post in a few days. Love to all of you and Peace!

1 comment:

  1. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOWWWWWW, VERY NICE PICS.. I UNDERSTAND THE NIGHTS GET A LITTLE COLD THERE SEPT THREW MARCH,, YOUR GONNA HAVE TO FIND A SNUGGLE BUNNY TO KEEP YOU WARM ON THEM COLD NIGHTS....I HAD TO AD THAT .. TAKE CARE BRO

    ReplyDelete