Friday, December 12, 2008

Mexican Mountain Cow...


grazing near the dreaded Tope.  The topes are killer, the one in this shot is broken up leaving a pretty good sized hole in the ground.  They are usually located at the entrance and exit of every town but you can never be sure.  They come in all shapes and sizes too.  I hit one at speed when the shadows were long and came really close to dropping the HOG. I had to pull over to change my shorts and pull myself together before moving on...
Speaking of Cow, or Res, in espanol; You ever had a Mexican hamburger,  (hamburguese, in espanol)?  Esta muy bueno.  It has a thin piece of hamburger meat topped with avocado, tomatoe, ham, bacon, sauce, and they toast and butter the bun.  Es fantastico!  Just dont go to the local mexican Burger King...  If you are on a diet, DO NOT LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!!

2 comments:

  1. I like where this is all going. Love to see it done on a Harley for a change also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tpresten!
    No offense to other bike brands but every where I have gone so far, I have made friends because of the Harley. Yesterday, I was loading the bike up as were about 6 riders on BMW GS's, here at the Hotel Margarita. Guess what bike had 10 people standing around it wanting to know all about it, and my trip? I mean I understood the history and the legend and all but didnt realize how much folks down here hold to it. It really is pretty kool.
    So far the bike has held strong. I would travel all of Mexico on it again in a heart beat. There was only one really bad stretch of road and the rest has been pretty much ok. Just have to watch out for those topes as the HD doesnt have much clearence I will be getting it serviced in Guatemala City at the HD dealer soon and that should hold me 'till Columbia.
    Take care and thanks for following along!

    ReplyDelete